I went looking for a new Metronome/Tuner when I learned that they stopped making my favorite brand. I also wanted a unit I could recommend to my students, most of whom are adult beginners.
So I bought Korg TM40 and put it through my tests to see if it could stand up to the challenge. It did. I really like
this unit and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a combination metronome/tuner/pitch generator.
Watch the video below for a thorough breakdown, but here is the quick version:
- Speaker on the front
- Separate metronome and tuner buttons for ease of use
- You can use metronome and tuner functions simultaneously
- Only $25!
- It could be louder. This setback is easily correctable by plugging your computer speakers into the Korg.
- You have to press the pitch generator button repeatedly to get to the pitch you want.
- It only generates pitches in one octave.
I did not find these to be huge obstacles, though.